Subscribe to the minFraud release notes RSS feed.
To improve our server infrastructure and allow for better performance and efficiency, MaxMind will begin enforcing our policies around our API and database download requests on March 13, 2024. To help customers get ready for this change, we will have a planned, temporary enforcement of these policies on February 7, 2024.
What are the policies?
- MaxMind will only accept API and database download requests sent with the more secure HTTPS protocol.
- MaxMind will only accept API and database download requests that are sent to the appropriate hostname as documented in the integration instructions on our Developer Portal (see direct links below).
What do I need to do? To ensure that your MaxMind service is not interrupted, please ensure ensure that you are using the correct hostname for your API requests, and that you are using HTTPS, prior to February 7, 2024.
If you have not made the requested changes before Wednesday, February 7, 2024, you might experience a period where web service or database download requests fail.
You can view the appropriate URIs for minFraud services on our Developer Portal using the links below:
- minFraud Score, Insights, and Factors web services
- minFraud Device Tracking
- minFraud Transaction Reporting
- Legacy minFraud web services
- Legacy Proxy Detection web service
Please note: This enforcement will also affect GeoIP API requests. If you are also a GeoIP user, see our GeoIP release note on this issue.
Starting tomorrow, January 23, 2024, minFraud will no longer accept
/event/time inputs with values more than one year in the past. Most customers
do not need to send the
/event/time input and will not be impacted by this
Learn more about this input and how to use it to score historical transactions on our Knowledge Base.
If you send the
/event/time inputs with values more than one year in the past,
- replace the event time with the current time
- score the transaction and return a score
- return an
INPUT_INVALIDwarning with its response
This page was last updated on February 13, 2024.