minFraud Release Notes - 2013 Archive
Adding IPv6 access for web endpointsSeptember 17, 2013
We're excited to roll out IPv6 access for our web endpoints over the next few months. The rollout will be gradual to ensure a minimum of disruption for clients. We will be adding AAAA records for hostnames on the dates specified below. Most clients aren't yet using IPv6 and should notice no issues. Clients with properly configured IPv6 should also notice no issues. If you have any questions or issues, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The AAAA address for US West servers will be 2607:f0d0:3:7::4.
The AAAA address for US East servers will be 2607:f0d0:3:8::4.
- 2013-09-23 device.maxmind.com
- 2013-09-23 download.maxmind.com
- 2013-09-23 www.maxmind.com
- 2013-09-30 geolite.maxmind.com
- 2013-10-14 sitecore1.maxmind.com
- 2013-11-11 geoip-us-east.maxmind.com
- 2013-11-11 maxmind.com
- 2013-11-18 geoip.maxmind.com
- 2013-11-18 geoip-us-west.maxmind.com
- 2013-11-25 minfraud-us-east.maxmind.com
- 2013-12-02 minfraud-us-west.maxmind.com
- 2013-12-09 api.maxmind.com
- 2013-12-09 api-us-east.maxmind.com
- 2013-12-09 api-us-west.maxmind.com
- 2013-12-09 minfraud.maxmind.com
- 2013-12-09 update.maxmind.com
- 2013-12-09 updates.maxmind.com
Upcoming IP address changes for MaxMind servicesJuly 3, 2013
In the coming weeks, we will be changing the IP addresses of our web service servers. If you hardcode any of our IPs in your application or your firewall, then please read the information below. If you don't hardcode our IPs, then you can stop reading now, as this change should have no effect on you.
Currently, we use the following IPs for a variety of hostnames:
- US East: 188.8.131.52
- US West: 184.108.40.206
On Tuesday, July 16th, 2013, DNS for our US West servers will change from 220.127.116.11 to 18.104.22.168.
On Tuesday, July 30th, 2013, DNS for our US East servers will change from 22.214.171.124 to 126.96.36.199.
This will affect all of the hostnames listed below.
If you hardcode our IPs, we encourage you to add the new IPs to your firewall or application before the switchover date. If you don't, you may experience an interruption in service. The new IPs are live now, and though we won't change DNS until the dates specified above, you may begin directing traffic to them now if you wish.
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to email us at email@example.com.
List of affected hostnames:
This page was last updated on June 6, 2023.